- Each user named in the QTC Link Access Request Form may only operate on the account of the Client named in the QTC Link Access Request Form (the ‘Client’) through QTC Link to the extent authorised by the nominated level of access.
- QTC is authorised to act upon all instructions and requests to effect transactions initiated through QTC Link and disclose information about the Client’s QTC account(s) to the extent authorised by the nominated level of access.
- The QTC Link Access Request Form is in addition to and not in substitution to any other notice provided to QTC concerning the operations on an account held by the Client. Amendments to other authorities that the Client may have with QTC now or in the future shall not affect the authority granted under the QTC Link Access Request Form which is to continue in full force and effect until QTC receives a written notice of cancellation of that authority by the Client.
- QTC is authorised to treat any transaction effected through QTC Link by a user named in the QTC Link Form within that user’s nominated level of access, on the Client’s accounts as a transaction that is to be undertaken with the Client’s authority without QTC being required to verify the Client’s authority in any case.
- QTC is not required to check the accuracy of any instructions, requests or notifications received or sent through QTC Link on the Client’s accounts.
It is the Client's responsibility to periodically review each user’s level of access to QTC Link and its relevant authorised signatories and confirm that the designated level of access is appropriate and that the authorised signatories provided to QTC are up to date. The Client can check this level of access and its authorised signatories through QTC Link. If the designated level of access for a user or an authorised signatory needs to be changed, the Client must provide QTC with an updated QTC Link Access Request Form and/or an Authorised Signatory Form.
- There are inherent risks with transmitting information across the internet and:
- QTC is released from all actions, suits, proceedings, claims, costs and demands that may be made, brought or incurred by or against QTC arising from any unauthorised or incorrect instructions or requests to effect transactions via QTC Link on the Client’s account(s) in the manner specified in the QTC Link Access Request Form; and
- QTC is not responsible for any expense, damage, loss or cost that may be incurred by the Client as a result of any unauthorised access by any person to the Client’s statements or any other information made available to the Client through QTC Link.
To the extent permitted by law, neither QTC nor any of its employees, contractors, servant or agents accept any responsibility and liability whatsoever for any expense, damage, claim, cause of action, loss or costs arise out, or in connection with any act, omission or negligence of QTC, its employees, contractors, servants or agents.
- Once a person has been given access to the Client’s QTC Link account, it is their responsibility to ensure that their password is kept secure at all times and updated periodically in accordance with the reasonable requirements of QTC.
- QTC is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information that it collects. The Client declares that where Personal Information (as defined in the Information Privacy Act 1988 (Cth2009 (Qld)) about an individual (such as a QTC Link user or contact person) has been or will be provided in the QTC Link Access Form or is or is otherwise provided as a result of the ongoing use of QTC Link, the Client has made or will make each such individual aware of the fact and:
- that the individual’s Personal Information has been collected by QTC for the purpose of providing access to QTC Link, to manage and administer the services, and to protect against fraud, and
- in accordance with QTC’s Privacy Statement on our website www.qtc.com.au. The Privacy Statement includes information as to how you can access and/or amend personal information we hold about you.
Use of NAB Connect through QTC Link
- QTC has entered into an agreement with National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 ('NAB') for the provision of a spot foreign exchange trading service offered by NAB to QTC’s Clients ('you' or 'Client') through NAB’s online foreign exchange trading platform ('NAB Connect' or 'the Service').
- The Service is provided by NAB, Financial Services Licence and Australian Credit Licence 230686 A139057-1017.
- Where information is provided on QTC Link in relation to the Service, it has been prepared by QTC without considering the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any Client. Before acting on any general advice on this website, you should consider its appropriateness to your circumstances.
- The Client acknowledges and accepts that:
- the Service is provided solely by NAB.
- the transactions completed by a Client through NAB Connect are between the Client and NAB and you will be required to enter into a separate agreement with NAB for the provision of the Service
- it is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that the transactions completed by the Client through NAB Connect are appropriate for the Client, having regard to the Client’s objectives, financial situation and needs
- the Client should seek independent expert financial, legal and tax advice before making a decision about whether or not transactions completed by the Client though NAB Connect are suitable for it
- all Client enquires regarding the Service including logins and password assistance are to be directed though NAB vi. any dispute regarding the Service (including, but limited to, any trades) are to be resolved directly with NAB,
- and it is responsible for providing NAB with requested documentation (including, but not limited to, identification checks) and authorised signatories.
- QTC has an agreement in place with NAB pursuant to which QTC:
- is paid a cost recovery and administration margin of 0.15% per trade from NAB as part of recovering QTC’s cost for providing the Service, and
- QTC receives trading information from NAB about the transactions undertaken by the Client including the ability to view specific transactions executed through the Service.
- You acknowledge that the margin referred to above may be varied by QTC from time to time at QTC ’s sole discretion in which case QTC will provide notice to you of the updated margin.
- You acknowledge that QTC may be required to disclose your individual trading information undertaken on the Service if it is requested of us by the Under Treasurer of Queensland or any relevant Minister of the State of Queensland.
- The Client may be required to reimburse QTC for its cost in the event that a trade undertaken through the Service fails to settle.
- QTC is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information that it collects.
- QTC is collecting your personal information to provide and manage our foreign exchange service. Personal information that is kept by QTC is accessible only to appropriately authorised QTC staff.
- You can view QTC’s Privacy Statement on our website www.qtc.com.au. The Privacy Statement includes information as to how you can access and/or amend personal information we hold about you.
- To the extent permitted by law, QTC :
- makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability or suitability of the information provided on QTC or NAB Connect and accepts no responsibility for errors or misstatements, negligent or otherwise.
- will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by a Client's reliance on information obtained from the QTC Link or NAB Connect websites, including from use of tools and calculators
- will not be liable for any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss arising out of or in any way connected with the access to or use of QTC Link or the NAB Connect website
- No part of the information provided on QTC Link is to be construed as solicitation to make a financial investment.
- QTC is not an authorised deposit-taking institution for the purposes of the Banking Act (Commonwealth of Australia) 1959, and its obligations do not represent deposits or other liabilities of NAB. QTC does not guarantee or otherwise provide assurance in respect of the obligations of NAB.